Hello, I’m John J. Kelly
Tel: (352) 505-4515
Before joining Glassman & Zissimopulos, John was a prosecutor in the Alachua County Office. In prosecuting more than a thousand criminal cases, John has obtained extensive knowledge of the rules, policies, and procedures used by the State in Gainesville, Florida, and surrounding areas. Before graduating, John was the President of both the undergraduate and law school Mock Trial Teams at the University of Florida. He competed in and won state and national championships, which allowed him to start coaching the teams. John has already coached multiple championship teams.
About John J. Kelly
John is an executive board member for the local Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division, as well as an active member of Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and Bennett Inn of Court.
John works tirelessly fighting for his clients in the areas of criminal law, personal injury, and family law.
PRACTICE AREAS / EXPERIENCE
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Sex Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Crimes
- Reckless Driving
- Aggravated Battery/Assault
- Driving on a Suspended License
- Leaving the Scene of An Accident
- Car Crashes
- Victims of DUI Crashes
- Slip/Trip & Fall
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Burn & Fire
- Dog Bites
- Child Custody Disputes
- Equitable Distribution
- Alimony/Spousal Support
- Domestic Violence Injunctions
- Restraining Orders
University of Florida College of Law, J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 2015
University of Florida, Bachelor of Science in Finance – 2012
Florida Bar Association – 2015
Memberships and Associations
- Bennett Inn of Courts
- Order of the Barristers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Blue Key
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- 8JCBA – Young Lawyers Division
- Alachua County Emerging Leaders
- Gainesville Young Professionals
- Adjunct Professor, University of Florida College of Law
- Trial Team – 2016-present
- Guest Lecturer, University of Florida College of Law
- Trial Practice, 2016-Present
- Trial Advocacy, 2016-Present
- Guest Lecturer, University of Florida Department of Political Science
- Writing for Pre-Law, 2012-2014
Over a dozen best advocate awards at trial team competitions across the nation as a competitor
More than ten National and State Trial Team Championships as a coach, most recently
- Puerto Rico Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition Spring, 2018
- Florida Bar Chester Bedell State Mock Trial Team Competition, Spring, 2018
- ABA National Criminal Justice Advocacy Competition, Spring 2017
University of Florida Specific Awards
- Florida Trial Team Closing Argument Competition (First Place, 2013)
- Florida Trial Team Final Four Competition (Best Team, 2013, Best Advocate 2013)
- Florida Trial Team Outstanding Graduate Award (Spring 2015)
- Florida Trial Team Gerald T. Bennett Outstanding Service Award (Spring 2015)
- Book Award: Trial Team (Spring 2015)
GET TO KNOW JOHN
John was born and raised in Long Island, NY, before moving to Port Charlotte, Florida, where he graduated high school. John decided to go to college the same day he decided he would become a trial lawyer: when he joined his high school mock trial team. John then came to Gainesville to attend University of Florida and never wanted to leave.
John enjoys spending time with his wife, Meredith, and their two dogs, Riley and Toffee. John & Meredith are big Tampa Bay Lightning Hockey fans and goes to as many games a year as they can. John loves playing board or party games and probably loves telling stories more than he should.
Most recently, John was tricked into joining several wine clubs on a trip to Napa. He’s still not sure if he likes the wine or just loves the excuse to eat cheese, but he fancies himself a sommelier nonetheless.
Have you been injured in an auto accident? Contacting a lawyer should always be at the top of your list.
Have you been accused of a crime? We represent clients accused of crimes and help them get the defense they deserve.
Nursing Home Negligence
When Nursing Home care becomes negligent, the facility must be responsible for injury or death that happens as a result.
Slip and Fall
Don't waste time if you've been injured at a local business. Contact us to learn your rights.
Get in Touch
Do you have a question about a civil or criminal legal matter?
You deserve someone who will listen to you and work with you to determine the best possible legal outcome.
Call Glassman and Zissimopulos and our team of dedicated attorneys today.
(352) 505 - 4515 or (844) 787 - 2543
Every time you pick up the phone, you’ll speak with an attorney. You’ll never be funneled into a call center or answering service. This is our commitment to you.
Toll - Free at (844) 787 - 2543
804 NW 16th Avenue Suite B
Gainesville, FL 32601
804 NW 16th Ave Suite #B., Gainesville, FL 32601
News & Updates
Florida is a No-Fault insurance state. This concept is strange and unusual for people who move here from other places where that isn't the case and for a fair share of life-long Floridians. But what does "No Fault" really mean, and how can it apply to you, accidents...
Big news at Glassman & Zissimopulos! As you can see, we've updated our website, and we are super thrilled by the new look of everything. We've also made Jesse and John the newest partners of our firm, which will put us in a great position in 2023. We wanted to...
Did you know there's a second verse of the New Year's song Auld Land Syne? Most people, including us, only know the first verse, but it gets pretty saucy: And surely ye'll be your pint-stowp!And surely I'll be mine!And we'll tak a cup o' kindness yet,For auld lang...